Best Bench Grinders
- 1 Best Bench Grinders
- 2 Best Budget Bench Grinder
- 3 Best Value Bench Grinder – The Sealey BG150XW/99
- 4 Best Performing Bench Grinder – The Draper 05096
- 5 Best Bench Grinder (Overall Winner) – The Draper 05096
Made up of a motor with a spindle at each end, a bench grinder is an important part of every woodworker’s toolset. While bench grinders are generally used to sharpen dull woodworking tools, they can serve a variety of other purposes. They can be used to shape, polish or clean metal.
It is worth noting that professionals usually prefer big complex bench grinders while the average DIY enthusiast usually goes for the smaller simpler ones. At the end of the day, just make sure you choose one that is suited to your personal needs.
Benefits of a bench grinder
- Can perform several functions
- Easy to use
- Doesn’t use a lot of electricity
Disadvantages of a bench grinder
- The wheels will need to be dressed after some time
- Wheels may need replacement after a while.
In this review, you will find an affordable low budget buy, a moderately priced buy and an expensive high-end buy. Each of the three featured bench grinders has been found to be the most durable, reliable and high performing one in its price range. No matter which one you pick, you won’t be disappointed.
Best Budget Bench Grinder
Best Budget Bench Grinder – The Einhell TH-BG 150 W
The Einhell brand has long been known for its affordable high-quality power tools and the Einhell TH-BG bench grinder is no exception. Suitable for light work, this power tool ensures precise operations by employing the use of a zero-playing ball-bearing shaft.
The Einhell TH-BG also features four rubber feet that greatly reduce vibration and improve overall safety. The fact that this bench grinder offers a substantial amount of features at a low price makes it a perfect choice for those working on a tight budget.
The Einhell TH-BG comes with one coarse and one fine grinding wheel. Each wheel has a diameter of 150 mm. You can replace these wheels with other compatible standard Ø150 mm wheels if you so wish.
Benefits of the Einhell TH-BG
- Minimal vibration and sound
- Robust metal construction for increased durability
- Closed guard hoods and spark reflectors that enhance safety
Disadvantages of the Einhell TH-BG
- It is not powerful enough to handle very hard materials or tough tasks
- Its grinding wheels are not as durable as those of its competitors
- Work rest can only be used horizontally
- Weight: 5.38 kilograms
- Power: 150 watts S2 30 minutes
- Mains supply: 230 V ~ 50 Hz
- Grinding wheels: Ø150 × Ø 12.7 × 16 mm
- No load speed: 2950 rpm
[btn url=”https://amzn.to/2Ec8Ra7” text_color=”#ffffff” bg_color=”#ff0000″ icon=”” icon_position=”start” size=”22″ id=”” target=””]Get the latest price on Amazon[/btn]
Although the Einhell TH-BG isn’t suitable for professional work, the average DIY hobbyist will find it more than satisfactory. It does all that it promises to do efficiently and reliably. At such a low price range, you won’t find a better bench grinder.
Best Value Bench Grinder – The Sealey BG150XW/99
Suitable for grinding, sharpening and cleaning, the Sealey BG150XW/99 has earned its name as a heavy duty tool. Trusted by hobbyists and professionals alike, it boasts of a high power induction motor that makes it capable of handling continuous professional use.
This bench grinder comes with a wire wheel and a coarse grinding stone. Although the Sealey BG150XW/99 isn’t the cheapest bench grinder on the market, its high power and versatility make it worth the extra investment.
Benefits of the Sealey BG150XW/99
- Powerful enough to cut through hard materials
- Very quiet operation
- Comes with safety features like spark arrestors, stone guards, and adjustable eye shields
Disadvantages of the Sealey BG150XW/99
- Applying too much pressure on the spinning wheels makes them slow down
- Needs to be bolted to the workbench to eliminate any vibration
- Weight: 10.5 kilograms
- No load speed: 2850 rpm
- Mains supply: 230 volts
- Motor power: 450 watts
- Axle diameter: Ø13 mm
- Wheel diameter: 150 mm
[btn url=”https://amzn.to/2H2RsDx” text_color=”#ffffff” bg_color=”#ff0000″ icon=”” icon_position=”start” size=”22″ id=”” target=””]Get the latest price on Amazon[/btn]
Due to its high power rating, the Sealey BG150XW/99 is commonly found in both factories and home workshops. This bench grinder can safely and efficiently handle whatever task you throw its way.
Best Performing Bench Grinder – The Draper 05096
If you are looking for an outstanding high-end bench grinder, the Draper 05096 is right up your alley. Suitable for either sharpening cutting tools or polishing workpieces, this bench grinder comes with a host of features and accessories that are noticeably absent in cheaper models. Here are some of them.
- A powerful 370 W motor that allows for the grinding of hard metals like titanium
- A 150 mm replaceable grinding wheel
- A belt sander
- A dust extraction for the sanding system
- An adjustable eye protection shield for increased safety
- An incandescent work light to illuminate your workspace
- Spark deflectors and wheel guard for increased safety
- A wire brush wheel that can be used in place of the grinding wheel. This wheel enables polishing of workpieces
- A tool rest for betting control
- A storage tray
Benefits of the Draper 05096
- Powerful enough to cut through hard metals like titanium
- Serves a variety of purposes
- Quiet operation
- Comes with a lot of safety features
Disadvantages of the Draper 05096
- Its wheel rotation slows down if too much pressure is applied
- Its motor heats up after 30 minutes of use and will need to be given time to cool down
- Worklight doesn’t have its own switch. It only comes on when the motor is switched on
- Weight: 10 kilograms
- Power: 370 W
- Grinding wheel diameter: 150 mm
- Bore size: 12.7 mm
- Speed: 2850 rpm
- Sanding belt size: 50 × 686 mm
[btn url=”https://amzn.to/2Jba5pA” text_color=”#ffffff” bg_color=”#ff0000″ icon=”” icon_position=”start” size=”22″ id=”” target=””]Get the latest price on Amazon[/btn]
Known for its powerful motor, this bench grinder does justice to the glowing reputation of the Draper brand. Whether you are a professional or a DIY hobbyist, the Draper 05096 is powerful enough to handle your grinding needs.
Best Bench Grinder (Overall Winner) – The Draper 05096
Although the Sealey BG150XW/99 offers a little more power than the Draper 05096, the latter is hands down the better choice. None of the other featured bench grinders can compare to it. The Draper 05096 offers high performance, versatility, and durability all in one package.
Additionally, it comes with a bunch of amazing features that make your work much easier. For instance, its incandescent light ensures that you can continue to work even in dark places while its dust extraction system ensures that any dust from the sanding process is discarded.
Such features aren’t present in the other featured bench grinders. At its current price range, it definitely offers good value for money. You won’t regret spending extra money on this bench grinder.
[btn url=”https://amzn.to/2Jba5pA” text_color=”#ffffff” bg_color=”#ff0000″ icon=”” icon_position=”start” size=”22″ id=”” target=””]Buy Makita LS0714 on Amazon[/btn]
The Bottom Line
It goes without saying that nail guns play an important role in any tool enthusiast’s collection. While some people may prefer the traditional nail and hammer, some projects require a faster means of getting the job done.
Not only do these tools offer fast work rates, but they are also precise. Moreover, they can be used for a variety of functions and are available in a variety of brands. This is why selecting a suitable nail gun can be such a hassle.
We hope that this review provides you with all the information you need to make a good choice. One thing is for sure though; the nail guns featured in this review are the best. No matter what your budget is, you will surely find a suitable nail gun here.