Bosch PSB 1800 Li-2 Combi Drill Review
Quick Summary: The Bosch PSB 1800 is a fantastic all-round drill, it comes with two batteries, a charger, and a case. It is designed for the DIY enthusiast and is one of the best selling drills of the moment! It makes light work of drilling and is a great screwdriver too.
The Bosch PSB 1800 comes with 2x 1.5Ah Lithium-ION batteries and a charger capable of recharging them within an hour. You would be hard pushed to be completing a task that didn’t allow for you to work continuously rotating the batteries as they need charging with this Bosch Combi Drill.
This drill won our award for best combi drill of 2020 in our Combi Drill Review and you can see why, with its keyless chuck, two-speed gearbox and 20 pre-selectable torque settings it has some of the features of much higher priced models. Add to that it’s two batteries, charger and case that all ship with the Bosch PSB 1800 and you have a great product for a great price.
Does it make an impact?
The PSB 1800 from Bosch is great for a variety of tasks. It has 39Nm of torque which we agree is a bit short of what is offered by its impact driver twin.
- Lithium-Ion battery technology; syneon chip: Intelligently controlled energy for every project. Maximum torque is 38 Nm and the impact rate is 20.250 bpm
- Screwdriving, drilling, impact drilling in wood, metal and masonry, two speed gearbox
- 20 pre-selectable torque, drill and impact drill settings; integrated LED light for optimum illumination of dark work areas. Forward/reverse indicator
- Keyless chuck with Bosch auto-lock: For the fastest and easiest bit changes
- Powerful lithium-ion battery and 1-hour charger, for use with all DIY and garden tools in the Bosch 18 volt system
We did an article on The Best Impact Drivers of 2020 should you want to find out more about its counterpart the Bosch Professional GDR impact driver. However, it provides enough torque to drive most fixings in.
Combine this with its drilling and impact drilling functionality and it is a great all-round combi drill. Drills do require the ability to be able to drive fixings from time to time and it is personal preference on whether or not you prefer an impact driver for the job. This PSB 1800 combi drill from Bosch has the option should you require it.
We personally like the shape and size of the drill. Bosch has made a nicely designed drill that allows you to work in confined spaces, whilst providing something that is comfortable to use, hold and grip in their PSB 1800 LI 2.
Bosch PSB 1800 – Vital Statistics
The Bosch weighs in at around 1.2Kg with a battery attached. This makes the PSB 1800 an incredibly light-weight option as a combi drill and will allow you to drill for longer. Included in the package:
- Bosch PSB 1800 Li-2 Cordless Hammer Drill
- Fast charger (1 hour charge time)
- 2x 1.5Ah batteries
- Screwdriver Bit
- A blow moulded plastic carry case
- Instruction manual
We have reviewed combi drills from Makita, Bosch, DeWalt and many more. We wouldn’t say that the Bosch PSB 1800 is the best drill we have ever reviewed.
It lacks power and battery capacity compared with some of the competition. We would, however, say it makes for a very well rounded product with a great price to match.
As always with Bosch the warranty that comes with the product is 2 years which once activated online becomes 3 years, this really does finish the product off nicely.
Bosch PSB 1800 Accessory Set
Bosch does a very handy 91 piece bit and screwdriver set as part of this range. It is well worth checking out if you are purchasing a combi drill for the first time and don’t yet have any drill bits.
It is less than half the price of the drill and features a ratchet screwdriver, all the bits you could need, plus 11x masonry, 11x metal and 8x wood drill bits to get you going.
- High-grade metal drill bits with titanium-nitride coating
- Clean drilling in the most diverse metals, plexiglass and hard plastics (not suitable for use with aluminium)
- Rugged case designed for protection of contents
- Clear layout and easy, safe removal of the accessories
What we like!
- 20 different torque settings, something for every situation and power requirement.
- The Bosch Autolock keyless chuck makes changing of bits so simple.
- Integrated work light, by comparison to Makita’s built-in light. This one stays on and comes on ready for you to line up your screw before you start fastening it in place.
- Supports the same batteries as the rest of the Bosch range, offering to swap batteries about with other tools in the range.
Bosch PSB 1800 Bundle offer!
Amazon has a special offer on right now where you can get the Bosch PSB 1800 LI2 with two batteries and a Bosch 50 piece accessory kit.
The link below will take you straight to the exclusive offer and get you the latest price.
- Lithium-Ion battery technology
- Two speed gearbox
- 20 pre-selectable torque, drill and impact drill settings
- Keyless chuck and soft grip
- Includes two 18 V batteries
Need More Power?
The PSB 1800 is a fantastic combi drill for general home use but if you need a little more power then you should consider the Bosch PSB 18 LI-2.
The PSB 18 LI-2 has all the great features of the PSB 1800 with the following inprovements:
- Screw diameter up to 10mm (8mm on PSB 1800)
- Drilling diameter in wood up to 35mm (20mm on PSB 1800)
- Drilling diameter in steel up to 13mm (10mm on PSB 1800)
- True 18v Power
We’ve previously reviewed the ergonomic version of the PSB 18 LI-2 here
- Most handy tool in its Class thanks to compact Design and low weight
- No memory effect, no self-discharge: always ready for use thanks to lithium-ion technology
- 2-speed High-performance planetary gearbox for powerful screw driving and drilling applications in wood and metal and impact drilling in masonry
- Syneon chip – Intelligently controlled energy for every project
- 20 pre-selectable torque settings plus a drill and impact drill setting – optimum power for every application
Other Alternatives to the PSB1800
If you are looking for other alternatives to the PSB1800 we’ve selected some other makes and models you might want to consider:
Bosch PSB 1800 LI-2 Cordless Combi Drill
The Bosch PSB 1800 Combi Drill is a well-specified drill from Bosch that delivers in many categories, including price and warranty!
- Multiple torque settings
- Keyless chuck
- Integrated worklight
- Interchangeable batteries
- Could be more robust
Last update on 2020-10-20 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API