A decent quality work light is crucial for anyone wanting to complete DIY around their home or in a workshop. There will always be dark spaces that need to be worked in, whether it be with your head inside a cupboard or under the stairs….and this is where a work light comes in. On top of this, it is always a good idea to have some kind of portable light available for those emergency situations, such as a power cut!
Best Pick – Rechargeable Work Light
- 3 Lighting Modes - The portable flood light has 3 lighting modes: high brightness, low brightness, and SOS flash, meeting your different needs, the best gear in a roadside emergency.
- Super Bright & Power Saving - 30W handheld portable lighting, 2000 Lumen, replace 200W traditional halogen bulb by 30W COB LED and save 80% on electricity bill of lighting.
- USB Charging & Micro USB Discharge - No need to take out the battery to charge, convenient and fast; also can be served as a backup power bank to charge your phone and other devices in emergency.
- Durable Material & Waterproof - Adopt high quality plastic shell, anti-aging, anti-corrosion and impact resistance. IP65 Waterproof rating, ensure the rechargeable work light works fine in rainy days.
- Portable Handle - Back 180 degree adjustable lamp stand allows you to put it in anywhere just you like, hanging on truck or hand held etc, can be used for various work environments, home projects, warehouses, basement, garden, parking lots, camping, fishing, hiking.
Work lights are fantastically handy, portable and lightweight, however there is nothing worse than getting out your work light when you need it most and finding that the batteries have run out and you don’t have any spare to replace them, or that there is no power source nearby! This is why you need a rechargeable work light! They will always be ready for whenever you need them – providing you have remembered to charge it – and even if you haven’t, it won’t take long for it to have enough charge to see you through the job you are working on.
Buying the right rechargeable work light is important if you are wanting one that is going to last and is actually going to function well enough to assist you in completing the job at hand. Therefore, we have considered all of the main things you need to consider to help make you purchase a good one!
Why Buy A Rechargeable Work Light?
There are many reasons why a rechargeable work light might be right for you. They are perfect for if you are completing jobs around the home in dark spaces, or for if you are working in a workshed and don’t have decent quality lighting. Another perfect use for work lights (particularly rechargeable work lights) is if you are in a situation with no electrics, or where the electrics need to be switched off, such as in a plumbing crisis.
But, there are actually many more uses for rechargeable work lights than just in DIY situations – they are perfect for if you are going camping, working in a garage on a car, for staying at a caravan or for if your car breaks down! You will also be glad you bought one if you live in an area that suffers from power cuts!
Putting it simply, there really isn’t a home that doesn’t need a rechargeable work light!
Only Got 5 Minutes?
If you are sick of struggling to complete jobs in the near dark, or maybe you know the importance of a good work light and yours has just died a death – either way this part of the article is for you…..filled with all that crucial information that you need about rechargeable work lights.
First things first…..battery!
If you are wanting to purchase a rechargeable work light then the main thing that you need to consider is your battery options to find one that is going to be quick to recharge and also last as long as possible.
- Look out for models with a Lithium-Ion battery as these will be quicker to charge and will be able to last longer, meaning you can keep working for longer and have less time to wait between jobs! Some batteries will last for up to 12 hours though and lets be honest, it’s unlikely you’re going to be working for longer than that in one go!
- Charging – There are three main ways that you will be able to recharge the battery of your work light. These are; USB, car cigarette lighters or a standard plug. It really depends on where you are likely to be working as to which is right for you, but we would recommend opting for one that has an adaptable charger so that it can be charged in multiple places, this way you won’t become stuck not being able to finish a job.
- Make sure to look how long it is going to take to get a full charge for your rechargeable work light – you don’t want to have to wait for hours for your light to charge before you are able to use it. Some will be as little as a couple of hours whereas others can be up to 6 hours.
- Some models can be worked cordless or plugged in, making the tool more versatile so it will never let you down!
Features of Rechargeable Work Lights
There are some main features to consider when purchasing rechargeable work lights. We have looked at each of these in detail below.
In recent years there has been a huge shift towards LED lighting, and the same could be said for work lights, that are now much more popular with LED bulbs. They are cooler to work with, require less power and also last longer, so it is well worth considering a rechargeable work light with LED bulbs. Not only this, but the fact that they require less power means that the battery will be likely to last longer. However, there are still halogen or standard bulb work lights available on the market that tend to be cheaper if you are working on a budget.
It is also worth considering the number of bulbs in the light – the more bulbs the lighter the area will be but this will also drain your battery faster!
When considering light outputs you need to look for the wattage or lumens advertised to work out how bright your light is going to be. Lumens will be more common in LED models as these let out a lot less power than other models. Consider exactly where you are going to be working to determine how bright you are going to need the light to be – brighter isn’t always better if you are going to be working in a small area as the light could actually be too bright for you to see in the area that you are working!
We would recommend looking for lights that offer different modes and light intensities so that the light can be changed depending on the area that you are working in and how close you will be to the light. This stops you being blinded when working close to your light – and also having to move your light around if it is not bright enough when you are further away.
The higher the voltage the brighter the light that you will be able to work with (depending on some other factors such as bulb type etc.). Most rechargeable work lights will be between 10V and 18V.
When considering a rechargeable work light it is important to think about how portable your light will be. Make sure to think about the weight of your light and also its size. These tend to vary massively depending on the type of light that you want and how much light you are going to expect of it! The size of your light is not just important because of when you are carrying it between jobs but also because a bigger light will obviously take up more space in smaller workspaces, this can make it really awkward especially if you are working in a cupboard or under stairs space!
Look for a model with a light plastic build to make the tool more portable and easy to move around. Thermoplastic bodies are ideal as they are lightweight but also durable.
It is also worth considering if your rechargeable work light has a handle to make it easier to move around. A handle will also make it easier to hang your lamp if you are wanting to keep it off the floor and out of the way when you are working. Some even have carabiner clips and powerful magnets so that they will be even more versatile in the ways in which they can be positioned when in use.
Best Budget – Rechargeable Worklight
- ❥Strong battery:This Protable LED Work Light is equipped with a DC/AC adapter,a multi-purpose essential,built-in large capacity battery with long battery life and can be worked as a power bank to charge intelligent device such as phone,laptop etc.The lamp head is 120°angle adjustable.
- ❥4 Modes:Strong Light Mode,the normal light mode,SOS mode,flash mode.Charging time:about 5-6 hours will be full battery.7.4V 10000mA huge battery can last as long as 16hours lighting time.
- ❥Application:45W LED rechargeable work light with 9pcs high quality LED chips, perfect for power outage,natural disasters(such as earthquake,typhoon,etc)outdoor activities,night fishing,camping,hiking,warhouse operation,car workshop,garage,stoarge room,construction,maintenance projects,agricultural machinery,construction machinery,martime affairs,traffic control,accident relief,emergency,etc.And its very convenient to be carried.
- ❥Magnetic Base:Four powerful magnets are mounted on the bottom of the product to firmly adhere to the surface of iron product,and it can be inverted or vertically attached to the items.
- ❥Waterproof rate:IP67 waterproof and dustproof ratings(USB silicone part needs to be completely fixed for better waterproof performance).
The colour temperature of your light will usually depend on the time of day when you are planning on working and also your personal preference for what light is best for your eyes. Different “readings” will give off different types of light.
- 2700-3200K = Warm white
- 4000-4500K = Natural white
- 5000K = Sunlight
- 7000-7500K = Blueish white
- 10,000K = Bright blue white
The throw of the light is the way in which the tool sends the light across the area that you are working with. Some will be built in a way that has a 360° degree throw, so that you can see all around the area that you are working in, whereas some will be built with a 90° – 180° throw, which means that you will have to angle the light in the area that you are wanting to work in. The flexibility of the beam will usually work on a tilting axle that will allow you to maneuver the light into the best angle for where you are working.
Some high-tech rechargeable work lights now come with smart controls (as is the way with most modern tools nowadays!). This means that the tool can be connected to your phone so that you can control it from this and also see how much charge is left on your battery. This is perfect for if you are working in different rooms or if you forget the switch your work light off and don’t want that precious battery draining!
The IP (Ingress Protection) rating of your rechargeable work light is important if you are wanting the light to last! This rating basically tells you whether your light will become damaged working in damp or dusty conditions. The better the IP rating the less chance there is of dust, debris or water getting inside the lamp and causing damage to it!
The best way to make sense of IP ratings is to remember that the first number is how dustproof the tool is and the second is for how water resistant it is. The higher the number the greater the light will be protected.
Additional Features To Consider
- Some models of rechargeable work lights will be compatible with standard tripods, meaning that if you are working on a larger job you will be able to raise the light off the ground so that it spreads further around the area.
- Varied colour/flashing lights – This may be something that is not going to benefit you depending on where you are going to be using your light, however a flashing or coloured work light can be perfect in case of an emergency.
- Anti-rust paint will help your work light to last longer and cope with whatever conditions you might be throwing its way!
- Foam handles will make the work light easier to carry between jobs.
- Lights on the back to show how much charge is left on the tool – so you never run out of charge part way through a job!
Best Of The Rest
- 360° Rotatable & Folding: RUNACC led work lights are meets the need of lighting up in double sides and fast adjust angles at any time to ensure all-round lighting. Two 10W COB lamp to provide 1500 lumens of super brightness
- Super Long Battery Time: RUNACC outdoor flood lights are equipped built-in 5000mAh large capacity rechargeable polymer battery, single light can last about 8 hours, double lights can last about 5 hours.
- Power Bank: All led floodlight with 1A current output USB port, you can use it as an emergency power for mobile phone.
- Double Brackets Base: Features firm, safe and stable. It is also used as a handle for carrying conveniently. Perfect for outdoor, camping, hiking, emergency, car repairing, fishing and BBQ.
- 3 Power Indicators: The LED work light with 3 power Indicators, Easy to check remaining battery and ensure charging in time.
- 【Waterproof & Anti-Corrosion】High Quality Tempered glass & Waterproof performance to IP65 to prevent the lamp into water. With special chips make the floodlights last long lifespan than others,keep outdoor lighting be safe and reliable,work normally even in rainy or snowing days.
- 【Easy to Instal & Energy Saving】With CE Certification. The Brightest 10W Floodlight. Brightness equal to the 60W halogen bulb,save 90% on electric lighting.One self locking screw designed help you to disassemble the bracket without using any tools.
- 【Over 40,000 Hours Life Expectancy & 2 Charging Ways】Over 4-Hours Work Time after a full charge. Included Rechargeable 18650 lithium battery,with the Main adapter and Car charger,meet your various charging demands for car repair or emergency light. Over-charging protection & Portable light with stand design,more convenient for Outdoor/ Indoor use.
- 【Portable size & 360°Rotation】Heat conducted by Aluminum fin heat sink, Long-Lasting heat,to ensure long-term stable operation of the product.The spotlight range is adjustable.non-slip handle well protect your hand,Perfect for travel,camping, fishing, craftsman,Workshops,repair car or emergency light at home.
- 【2 Year Warranty】Get a new one as a replacement if you have any dissatisfaction with the product. Any questions,please feel free to contact us and we will help you.
- 【Features】360 degree rotating work light, waterproof IP65, built in 10000mAH rechargeable lithium battery, portable & durable & high brightness led work lamp. Fully sealed protection design of the sensor ensure the light work properly no matter rain, snow, heat or cold environment, perfectly as a outdoor lighting for the safety of your home.
- 【Energy Saving & Easy to Install】Energy saving and environment-friendly product, no radiation, no lead , mercury and other pollution elements. Outdoor LED work light with SOLAR PANEL could be charged directly from sun as well as via the charging port. locking screw designed help you to disassemble the bracket without using any tools.
- 【Convenient & Versatility】The led floodlight is designed with innovative heat sink and can dissipate heat efficiently. Switch button control, a waterproof charging port and the U-shaped base design of the lamps, can stand on the ground or Shrink and hold it with your hand. Anti-rust paint with the High quality aluminium stand and handle, foaming handle coverage provide a strong grip when needed.
- 【4 Modes & Manual/Auto Mode】High, Medium, Low and Red-Blue Emergency Strobe. SOS Function: Floodlights with 5 Blue and 5 Red Flashing LED Security Lights, the most useful gear for a roadside emergency or send an SOS when need HELP in the wild. Manual: Choose one of 4 mode and then press manual. Auto: Automatically turn off during the daylight and automatically turn on at night (Need to long press the mode and choose one of 4 mode first and then press Auto).
- 【Widely Application】Rechargeable floodlight perfect for construction site, construction plumbing, Camping, Hiking, Fishing, Barbecue, Car Repairing, Truck, Workshop, Exploring And More Outdoor Activities. CE and ROHS certified. High quality durable Metal&ABS Material. ❤If you are not satisfied with this solar floodlight, please feel free to contact us. We will solve your problem in 24 hours.❤
Frequently Asked Questions
Do I need more than one rechargeable work light?
If your budget allows, then we would definitely recommend purchasing a couple of work lights. This means that you can have one charging while the other is lighting the work area, or (if you are working in a particularly dark area) you can have both lighting up a work area if it is particularly dark to reduce the issue of shadows.
Can I buy replacement batteries for my rechargeable work light?
It is rare to come across a replacement battery for your rechargeable work light, mainly due to the fact that the lights are so reasonably priced in the first place it just wouldn’t be cost effective to sell replacement batteries! For larger, industrial models they can be found but these are usually run off a much bigger battery.
What warranty can I expect with my rechargeable work light?
We found some rechargeable work lights that actually come with a lifetime warranty! Although these are few and far between, they are available on the market. However, most come with a 2-3 year warranty.
Last update on 2020-08-14 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API