When it comes to pressure washers, there’s only one word you need to remember – Karcher.
Pressure washing with a Karcher is the most practical, cost-effective, stress-free way to clean outdoors. It’s a simple process which involves nothing more than you connecting your Karcher K2 pressure washer to the water supply and plugging it into the power source, turning on the tap, pressing the K2 power switch and you’re good to go!
Patio or decking areas, conservatories, walls, pathways, cars or even wheelie bins can be cleaned thoroughly using a Karcher K2 pressure washer, without the need for any laborious scrubbing or sponging by hand. The Karcher K2 pressure water range is capable of providing water at 110 bar pressure; consider this in relation to the fact that water out of a garden tap is usually supplied at around 4 bar – this gives you an idea of the unbelievable level of cleaning Karcher K2 pressure washers are capable of!!.
Karcher K2 pressure washers are so incredibly versatile and easy to use, the possibilities are endless when it comes to what you can use them to clean!
Only got 5 minutes
Karcher K2 pressure washers have been designed and engineered with one thing in mind – to make cleaning outdoors fast, hassle-free and effective. From patios, decking areas and cars, to wheelie bins, walls and garden furniture, whatever your outdoor cleaning needs, the Karcher K2 range has a model that’s right for you.
The Karcher K2 range is perfect if you’re looking for a compact, powerful, lightweight power washer. Each of the four models in the range is equipped with a lance, trigger gun, cable storage, detergent suction tube and ergonomic carry handle, and all Karcher K2 pressure washers are sold with a minimum 2-year manufacturer’s warranty; 3 years when bought directly from Karcher.
The Karcher domestic K2 range includes:
- K2: this pressure washer has a long handle and wheels making it easily portable. It comes complete with a Vario lance for controlled cleaning power.
- K2 Full Control: a powerful and lightweight power washer, which gives you targeted pressure regulation. Ideal for cleaning lightly soiled items.
- K2 Full Control Home: this power washer includes the new targeted pressure regulation trigger gun and comes complete with the Karcher home accessory kit.
- K2 Compact: small and mighty. This pressure washer is lightweight and compact. It has improved on-board storage for storing cables; the washer hose; and any accessories. Good things really do come in small packages if the K2 Compact is anything to go by!
Karcher K2 Models Compared
|Model||K2 Full Control Home||K2||K2 Full Control||K2 Compact|
|Current type (V)||220 – 240||220 – 240||220 – 240||220 – 240|
|Pressure (bar/MPa)||20 – max. 110 / 2 – up to 11||20 – max. 110 / 2 – max. 11||20 – max. 110 / 2 – max. 11||max. 110 / max. 11|
|Flow rate (l/h)||Max 360||Max 360||Max 360||Max 360|
|Max. water feed temperature (°C)||Max 40||Max 40||Max 40||Max 40|
|Power rating (kW)||1.4||1.4||1.4||1.4|
|Area performance (m²/h)||20||20||20||20|
|Weight without accessories (kg)||4.3||4.8||4.3||3.7|
|Weight incl. packaging (kg)||7.5||6.4||6||5|
|Dimensions (L x W x H) (mm)||246 x 280 x 586||242 x 280 x 783||246 x 280 x 586||180 x 219 x 389|
What’s the difference between the Karcher K2 and Karcher K2 Compact?
The power rating and water pressure are the same for all models in the K2 range – the water pressure output stands at an impressive 110 bar, with a 1400W air-cooler power-rating.
Where the K2 and the K2 Compact differ is in the size and design. The K2 Compact is what it says on the tin – compact – and it’s clearly been designed with one simple goal – to be as small as possible whilst still delivering the outstanding cleaning results we’ve come to expect from Karcher.
The K2 Compact is considerably smaller than its big brother the K2. The K2 standard is 6.2cm longer, 6.1cm wider and an incredible 39.4cm taller than the K2 Compact! The K2 Compact is also considerably lighter than the standard K2 – 1.1kg lighter to be precise – meaning it’s easy to carry; particularly handy if you live in an apartment block, store your K2 upstairs, or suffer from back problems meaning you find lifting and carrying difficult.
You’ll be looking at paying about £15 more for the convenience of the compact model but it’s definitely worth considering if you live on an upper floor, have limitations when it comes to physical activity; or have restricted options when it comes to storage.
Karcher K2 Full Control models
Four years ago, Karcher updated its range of pressure washers to include the Full Control variation. Any models which fall under the Full Control nametag are fitted with the Karcher LED display trigger gun – a genius concept in pressure washers that assists you in selecting the ideal water pressure output suitable for the surface you’re cleaning.
For example, a concrete outbuilding covered in moss, bird mess and garden grime will need a greater amount of pressure exerted onto it than the paintwork of a car or conservatory glass – low impact surfaces such as these are more vulnerable to damage and/or erosion than high impact surfaces and so require less intense pressure. Both the K2 Full Control and K2 Full Control Home are fitted with the trigger gun feature.
The K2 models will allow you to select just the right amount of power and control for the most effective outdoor clean, without damaging low impact items such as delicate garden features, cars, guttering or grouting, which such as driveways, garage doors, or brickwork.
Why choose a Karcher K2?
Karcher are the market leaders when it comes to power washers and achieving that kind of status certainly doesn’t happen overnight. Karcher has established itself as the most efficient outdoor cleaner money can buy.
Their power washers are renowned for being the most efficient outdoor cleaners as, according to findings from the renowned and independent Fraunhofer Institute, scientific testing has shown Karcher power washers remove dirt and grime up to 50% faster than their nearest market competitor.
Thanks to Karcher’s patented nozzle technology, designed uniquely for each individual model, meaning you can expect to use up to 50% less water and electricity!!
What can be cleaned using the Karcher K2?
If it lives outside or can be taken outdoors, it’s highly likely you’ll be able to clean it using a Karcher K2!
- Garden tools
- Patio furniture
- Motorbikes and scooters
- Small cars
- Garden features
- Quad bikes
- Swimming pools
- Patio areas
- Home exteriors
- Garage doors
Karcher K2 Range Features
|Feature||K2 Full Control Home||K2||K2 Full Control||K2 Compact|
|Home kit||T150 Patio Cleaner, 0.5L Patio & Deck Detergent||N/A||N/A||N/A|
|High-pressure gun||G120Q||Standard Quick Connect||G120Q||G120Q|
|Dirt Blaster spray lance||✓||✓||✓||✓|
|Quick Connect on machine||✓||✓||✓||✓|
|Detergent application via||Suction||Suction||Suction||Suction|
|Integrated water filter||✓||✓||✓||✓|
|Adapter garden hose A3/4″||✓||✓||✓||✓|
|Vario Power spray lance||N/A||✓||N/A||N/A|
|One-way spray lance||N/A||N/A||N/A||✓|
There isn’t much Karcher hasn’t thought of when it comes to pressure washer accessories. The range of accessories available can be a little overwhelming but, providing you’re clear on what you’re looking for, you can narrow down your search fairly quickly – most retailers sub-categorise Karcher accessories into the following:
- Patio cleaners
- Brushes and sponges
- Accessory kits and adapters
- Extension lances,
- Drain cleaners
- Extension hoses
- Spray lances and guards
- Pressure washer detergents
- Replacement hoses and handguns
With such an abundance of accessories to choose from, the possibilities are endless when it comes to outdoor cleaning with your Karcher K2 pressure washer.
- Select the ideal power setting with a simple twist and click of the lance
- Ideal for cleaning delicate surfaces such as car or harder surfaces like stone and brickwork
- The integrated suction tube allows detergent to be applied to any surface being cleaned
- With the quick connect system, the high pressure hose is easy to connect to both the machine and trigger gun
- Trigger gun, hose and lances can all be stored neatly on the machine
- Full control lances with iconography guide users on which pressure setting should be used where.
- Detergent application direct from the machine, using a suction tube.
- T150 Patio cleaner is perfect for cleaning large areas of Patio, Decking and Block paving.
- On-board storage: Telescopic handle, and storage for the high pressure gun, high pressure hose, full control lances and cable
- The K2 Full Control Home power washer includes the new targeted pressure regulation trigger gun. This machine includes a home kit with a patio cleaner accessory and detergent.
- Ideal for cleaning delicate surfaces such as car or harder surfaces such as stone and brickwork
- The lightweight design makes the machine easy and convenient to transport
- The integrated suction tube allows detergent to be applied to any surface being cleaned
- Trigger gun, hose and lance can all be stored neatly on the machine
Frequently asked questions
Does the Karcher K2 have a warranty?
Yes the Karcher K2 is sold with a standard 2-year manufacturer’s guarantee. If you buy your K2 direct from Karcher, you get an additional year of cover taking the total warranty period up to three years from the date of purchase.
Is the Karcher K2 pressure washer good quality?
The Karcher K2 pressure washer offers outstanding quality and outdoor cleaning power. For 60+ years, Karcher has been perfecting the art of pressure washing, with more than 1,300 patents testament to the company’s drive and inventive spirit. 100% of Karcher pressure washers produced at the Karcher plant in Winnenden, Germany are quality tested before leaving the manufacturing site.
Are Karcher K2 pressure washers environmentally friendly?
All Kärcher pressure washers can be used from an alternative water source, meaning they can be used during a hosepipe ban, making them environmentally friendly. In addition, thanks to their patented nozzle technology designed uniquely for each individual model, you’ll use up to 50% less water and electricity than you would using a standard pressure washer making them incredibly energy efficient.
Last update on 2020-10-20 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API